Monday, September 25, 2006

Adam Detoxifies: Day 8

So far, so good. No cigarettes, and still haven't veered from the prescribed diet. Well, OK, I'll admit it: I did accidentally eat half of a Werthers candy today.

I've been eating a lot of almonds, stir fry, and fish. I've learned how to make some interesting dishes such as black bean soup and artichoke heart hummus. I've even started roasting my own almonds.

But man, I miss the rest of the food spectrum. The worst is walking outside of a Thai restaurant on a cool, crisp evening when smells linger longer and have fewer peers to compete with. So tempting... There's a lot of things I'm looking forward to eating in 4 days.

I'm also looking forward to being able to eat out again! It's hard not being able to grab that slice of pizza on the way to your next appointment.

This is the first self-imposed diet-type thing I've ever done, and it's made me a lot more conscious of my eating choices. I'd like to say my energy level is higher than before, but its not - probably due to the lack of selection for food.

Do I feel detoxified yet?

Meh. I want a donut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home