Monday, October 16, 2006

Detox: the follow-up

There's an old saying about a boiled frog that goes like this: if you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water he'll jump out, but if you put him in a pot of warm water and slowly bring it to boil he won't notice how hot he is getting, and soon you'll have dinner.

During the the 12 day detox I didn't feel these incredible claims that my friends had made - I didn't feel 'amazing' or 'like I never have' - I shat more often and hungered for muffins.

But now, two weeks afterwards, my body is back in its normal state, and the proverbial frog has been dropped back into the boiling water.

Yowzers. While I might not be as in tune with the body's internal processes as I'd like to be, I can definitely see changes that have happened as I've returned to my normal state.

The lesson: boiling water is bad.

PS: 4 weeks, no cigarettes, no problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home